• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trs19

Two guys came to my apartment where me and my boyfriend live. They wanted to fight my boyfriend. My boyfriends friend went outside to tell the guys that they did not want to fight and to go home. He back inside and shut the door. The two guys preceded to walk in the house without being asked to. My boyfriend felt that my safety along with his and his friends were in danger. He (my boyfriend) hit one of the guys. Both guys jumped on my boyfriend and started fighting in the house. while trying to seperate the two guys off of my boyfriend, my boyfriends friend was beat up pretty bad and one of the bad guys was thrown through the wall. What I want to know is can the two guys get away with walking into my house after being instructed not to and to go home. If they can't can my boyfriend be charged with starting the fight even though he was defending his personal space. And is there any way that the two guys will have to pay to fix my wall.
Also my boyfriend and his friends are in the police academy and tried to resolve this without fighting as much as possible, but it did not work. Thank you

JETX

Wow, this one is so obvious... especially for 'police cadets'.

What did the police say when you called them out?? Did they take a complaint for assault, or burglary, or entering a habitation, or anything???

Then, you could also consider filing civil charges against the two to recover your damages (medical), plus repairs to the property, plus punitive (if allowed by your state).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">