• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Rape" arrest in MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN My son had a female room mate. They were boyfriend/girlfriend before becoming room mates. Both have mental issues. She needed someone to be with her 24/7-seriously. He would come to our house for a visit, stay the night, and in the morning she would be here in bed with him - their clothes on. She would drive out here. As room mates he said she would often have him come and lie down with her. Later as the friendship became more strained one night they fell asleep together. When she woke up. She said the words "horrible things", "creepy," and "penetration." He said, they were "dry-humping" thru blankets and clothes. According to her he was going into her panties with his hand.

She woke up, tossed him out of her room. The next day they went to Target together. She had no job and she wanted to go with him! She drove her car to Target. Then she realized she did not want to be around him since he was so needy, she did not have a job so wanted to live with her boyfriend. OK this is my spin on this. She dives out of the lease. I helped her and her friends move her to the boyfriends place.

My son lost his job, moved in with us to a different but nearby county. They had his cell number but today the police came, served a warrant, and took him to county jail. They are incredibly short tempered with our questions. We don't know what to do. One person from the sheriff's office said we could leave his medication there. We could not talk to him until after his bond is done or set?????????? It's $100,000.00. Holy buckets!!!!

He may be suicidal because he JUST got his life kind of settled with a new job. He is on anti-depressants, sees a psychiatrist, and just started therapy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN My son had a female room mate. They were boyfriend/girlfriend before becoming room mates. Both have mental issues. She needed someone to be with her 24/7-seriously. He would come to our house for a visit, stay the night, and in the morning she would be here in bed with him - their clothes on. She would drive out here. As room mates he said she would often have him come and lie down with her. Later as the friendship became more strained one night they fell asleep together. When she woke up. She said the words "horrible things", "creepy," and "penetration." He said, they were "dry-humping" thru blankets and clothes. According to her he was going into her panties with his hand.

She woke up, tossed him out of her room. The next day they went to Target together. She had no job and she wanted to go with him! She drove her car to Target. Then she realized she did not want to be around him since he was so needy, she did not have a job so wanted to live with her boyfriend. OK this is my spin on this. She dives out of the lease. I helped her and her friends move her to the boyfriends place.

My son lost his job, moved in with us to a different but nearby county. They had his cell number but today the police came, served a warrant, and took him to county jail. They are incredibly short tempered with our questions. We don't know what to do. One person from the sheriff's office said we could leave his medication there. We could not talk to him until after his bond is done or set?????????? It's $100,000.00. Holy buckets!!!!

He may be suicidal because he JUST got his life kind of settled with a new job. He is on anti-depressants, sees a psychiatrist, and just started therapy.
Did you have a question?

Zigner

Zigner, you're such a tool. They want to know what to do.
Ok...what to do.
Well, they could go out for ice cream.
They could visit their son in jail.
They could congratulate the lady for having the courage to report a rape.
They could come on an anonymous internet forum and post a rant with no question.
They could wait for someone else to log on and ask what their question was.
They could then wait for someone else to come on and call that person a tool.
They could sit out at night and watch the stars.
They could run around in the rain with no clothes on.

So, which should we respond to? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
They want to know what to do.
Do about what? The lease? Defending against the rape charge? The attitude of the police? His mediciation? Having access to their son? The bond? The fact that he's in jail and suicidal? Some of those? All of those? It's not unreasonable to ask people what, exactly, they're looking for.

robbie01

Zigner, you're such a tool. They want to know what to do.
Yes. I do agree. Zigner is a tool. She wasn't raped considering she wanted him to cuddle up with her in her bed frequently. In April and May she was his girlfriend. In mid-May his friend with benefits. In June his room mate. In August she is upset because a guy she frequently sleeps with wakes up dry-humping and groping. That's rape? Hello?! It's stupid but not rape.

robbie01

Do about what? The lease? Defending against the rape charge? The attitude of the police? His mediciation? Having access to their son? The bond? The fact that he's in jail and suicidal? Some of those? All of those? It's not unreasonable to ask people what, exactly, they're looking for.
We're on a legal advice website so I'm thinking legal advice would be good. Usually people send a short descriptor followed by questions from the respondents. I tried to answer those questions with details.

He's ok. We dropped off the medication. We were able to speak with as many kind-hearted professionals as cranky ones. We were in a panic so we tried to get some direction from some of you.

I understand Zigler's need for professional humor but usually it's a bit more discreet WITHIN the profession. I'm glad our situation was amusing for Zigler. Being happy can be tricky. Stupid situations by stupid people can certainly be entertaining. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Yes. I do agree. Zigner is a tool. She wasn't raped considering she wanted him to cuddle up with her in her bed frequently. In April and May she was his girlfriend. In mid-May his friend with benefits. In June his room mate. In August she is upset because a guy she frequently sleeps with wakes up dry-humping and groping. That's rape? Hello?! It's stupid but not rape.
Your closed minded and ignorant statements here are enough to make me sick. Do you really believe this crap or are you only blinded by the bias of the situation? To answer your question, it is not stupid, it is called sexual assault or rape. Imagine yourself falling asleep next to someone you trust and waking up to them violating you. That may change your mind but I imagine it would have to happen to you to have any effect.

mommyof4

How do you know? Were you sitting beside the bed watching every move each of them made? Did you ever actually hear her consent to any form of sexual activity? Do you even know for a FACT that he was actually invited into her room (much less her bed) on that particual night? Just because someone says 'YES' at some point in time, that doesn't mean that that 'YES' is a blanket statement for the rest of her life.

Tool? Uh...Pot, meet Kettle. Twit.:rolleyes:

Who are you, btw? The mother of the alleged rapist? Father? Sister? New friend?

Zigner

And we STILL haven't seen a question from the OP...

(I'd prefer you call me a wrench. Be specific)

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN My son had a female room mate. They were boyfriend/girlfriend before becoming room mates. Both have mental issues. She needed someone to be with her 24/7-seriously.

Wow... I don't play much baseball, but that seems like a strike out to me. You as a parent knew about this and let it happen? Way to go, I'm nominating you for parent of the year....

In August she is upset because a guy she frequently sleeps with wakes up dry-humping and groping. That's rape? Hello?! It's stupid but not rape.
Actually that sounds like the definition of rape to me. Your son needs an attorney. His life is on the line.

UseMeNot

Your son needs an attorney. His life is on the line.[/QUOTE]

"Your son needs an attorney" Finally, somebody gave some advice.

Have some compassion. People come here because their life is on the limb and they need a little direction. They don't need harsh criticism from small minded people. The anonymity of this website brings out the worst in people. Zigner, you're one of the worst. You'll get what's coming to you though. There is balance in the universe. Everybody gets what they deserve.

Zigner

Your son needs an attorney. His life is on the line.

"Your son needs an attorney" Finally, somebody gave some advice.

Have some compassion. People come here because their life is on the limb and they need a little direction. They don't need harsh criticism from small minded people. The anonymity of this website brings out the worst in people. Zigner, you're one of the worst. You'll get what's coming to you though. There is balance in the universe. Everybody gets what they deserve.
Perhaps you didn't notice. This is a site where people come to ASK for legal advice. In order to ASK for advice, one must ASK a question. As I mentioned, we STILL have not seen a question from the OP.

UseMe - have YOU seen a question from the OP? If you have, please enlighten me. I am absolutely DYING to answer a question from the OP. Please help me here so that the balance in the universe is kept intact.

cyjeff

If the "children" were legal adults, the reason the parents aren't getting any information is because they aren't owed any.

The parents can only provide monetary assistance to their son's defense. There is no law that requires the parents of an adult child to be informed as to the details of the case.

mommyof4

The anonymity of this website brings out the worst in people.
So, this is your excuse for calling a volunteer (who specifically asked you what was your question) names?

Not buying it and I can see where your 'child' picked up the habit of shifting blame to anyone but himself, most notably the alleged rape victim. :cool:

And did you REALLY need someone on an internet site to tell you that your son needs an atty because he is facing serious charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">