• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Drug Rehab Reversal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegaloserFace

My case takes place in Louisiana in the parish of Caddo. I hear that you can get a judge to reverse some things when it comes to probation . My charge is simple burgularly and my sentence is 2 years probation. Originaly it was 2 years in C.C.C. I don't have any other charge and i got drug rehab as a conidtion of my probation because orginaly during when the judge sentenced me i agreed to it and i was actually the person who requestied drug rehab when i got out of jail or C.C.C. I just think it's retarded i have to do like 1 year of time wasting drug rehab when i have no drug problem and i was the one who orginaly requestied it because i thought i would get a lighter sentence that way. Dumb move on my part right, yea anyway i hope i didn't leave anything real important out.
So is there some way i can get a judge in my area to reverse that part of my probation!?
I'd really appreciate any help and you can I'm me on A.I.M. : Darnassus ,although im usually not on.

I wouldn't advise telling a new judge that you perjured yourself with the old one and expect anything other than poor results.

Worse case scenario, your probation terms are easy... let it go.

I just think it's retarded i have to do like 1 year of time wasting drug rehab when i have no drug problem and i was the one who orginaly requestied it because i thought i would get a lighter sentence that way

You should just call the judge at home and tell him this. Are you really serious? There should be some kind of screening process for people seeking advice. Sometimes this board really discourages me, when I think about young people like this being the future of our country. You did the crime, now do the time. You could always opt for a year in jail instead of a year in rehab. Think of it as a character building experience.

LegaloserFace

Well that's not very helpful ,but is there some other site you can look up legal laws that is good? It is a waste of time because it's going to very hard to do rehab a job and my senior year at the same time sigh**************. and future crime free yea ************** that'lll hapen Lmao and yea right like calling the judge at home would work she'd prolly get my ass thrown back in jail **************..

The situation would have to have changed substantially between then and now for any change to be considered. How would you want to go about presenting this to the judge? Start with that. But seriously you can't just say you didn't have a drug problem when you said that you did. True drug addicts are known to deny it or proclaim they are cured without help all of a sudden. You see what you're up against?

cyjeff

Here is what you do.

Go before the court and tell them that you think drug rehab is "retarded" and that you don't think you should have to go.

Then, tell them that you don't have a drug problem but said you did because you thought that by lying to the court you would get a lighter sentence.

Finish your little dissertation by telling the judge that you don't want to adhere to the conditions of your probation because it is terribly inconvenient and it gets in the way of your social life.

You will have to represent yourself because no lawyer in his right mind will take this case.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">