• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired,filed,denied,appealed,recieved pension now what.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tdud

I live in Indiana I was fired after 14 years twelve days before christmas,(no warning/write ups) I filed for unemployment /then denied - I sent my appeal in right away with a letter explaining what had happened. I have not been called to court yet.I recieved My benefit pay (401k) check -I had only signed up 2 years ago. considering I am fighting for unemployment would it be in my best interest NOT cash this check. I would of thought nothing of it until I an ex co worker told me that my old boss was asking around to see if I had recieved it. I intened to take the check and put it into another 401k but this appeal is taking longer then I planned and I could use the money. (the check is for about 800.00) also,Is it likely in the state of indiana that I can get unemployment or am I just wasting my time - I was fired for giving a discount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">