• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequences of Probation violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

basballguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

The mother of my kids (whom watches them after school for roughly two hours every day) seems to have gotten her probation revoked for a Forgery Financial Instrument felony. She was about 1 year into a 3 year probation. I don't know if its because she didn't pay a fine or had a traffic issue or what. I just would like to know what the consequences of this are since she's somewhat involved in my kids lives still.

Oh and i know this by the freedom of public information. :) Just did a case lookup in the county the problem exists.

outonbail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

The mother of my kids (whom watches them after school for roughly two hours every day) seems to have gotten her probation revoked for a Forgery Financial Instrument felony. She was about 1 year into a 3 year probation. I don't know if its because she didn't pay a fine or had a traffic issue or what.
A minor traffic issue usually doesn't violate a persons probation. I don't know what information Texas provides on line, but in the county I live in here in California, the case report would list the terms of probation which were allegedly violated.
I just would like to know what the consequences of this are since she's somewhat involved in my kids lives still.
Well, she is their mother,,, after all,,, so you should consider this a good thing.

Oh and i know this by the freedom of public information. :) Just did a case lookup in the county the problem exists.
If you couldn't figure out what the terms of her probation were, by reading the information available in her case file, how would you expect us to know anything?
But I'll offer a guess,,,, maybe this will narrow it down for you.
She could be facing anything from a good tongue lashing from the judge, to a couple years in prison, but probably something in between the two.

Hope that helps!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">