• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wayward Petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Distressed Mom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? RI
My 16 yr old son has been in some trouble lately. First, he took my car out in the middle of the night and long story short, he got arrested. He has since run away twice. I guess he just wasn't prepared for the consequences my husband and I had waiting for him. Anyway, since we haven't had any luck in getting through to him, (believe me, we tried everything from a good old fashioned butt spanking to restricting all of his activities). It was suggested that we file a wayward petition. In the heat of the moment and out of desperation I went along with it. Now I just want to know what the ramifications would be. Would this affect his chances to getting into college. How else would this affect his future? I'm not trying to protect him from his actions. I just need to know what he should expect.
Thanks for you help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">