• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 possession tickets and a bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissak81

California

I got a possession ticket last April that I did not take care of and so a bench warrant was set. Then last night I was pulled over again for having a license plate light out and the cop searched my car and found marijuana again. Both tickets were for less than 1 ounce. So I got arrested and was booked and released. Now what? When I go and see a judge is my old ticket taken care of now that I have been arrested? Does anyone know the possible consequences or if I should get an attorney?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

California

I got a possession ticket last April that I did not take care of and so a bench warrant was set. Then last night I was pulled over again for having a license plate light out and the cop searched my car and found marijuana again. Both tickets were for less than 1 ounce. So I got arrested and was booked and released. Now what? When I go and see a judge is my old ticket taken care of now that I have been arrested? Does anyone know the possible consequences or if I should get an attorney?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Oh no.

You will get the opportunity to see the legal system in action. You need an attorney if you want to avoid jail.

Did you think the first one would just go away if you got arrested again? Really?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">