• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on what to do about this...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jibajibajib

I live in ohio, i have a bench warrant for unpaid fines and not turning in my community service papers and drug/alcohol/anger management papers. I had 180 days suspended and served 3. I dont have $2k to pay my fines and i cant get a job because of the bench warrant. Can i get the warrant "quashed" to get a job so i can pay on the fines? or if i turn myself in will i have to serve the 180 days because i dont have 10% of $12,000 that my bond is set at? any ideas other than those? and how much a lawyer would be for something like this if it is possible to quash the warrant.
My original charges are domestic violence (breaking up a fight i hit my step dad), under age consumption, and durg parifinailia.

Thanks for your help
peace n love

FlyingRon

The payments you probably could have (and still can) have worked out if you can't afford to pay them. Failure to comply with other terms of your probation are the real issue the court will want to see you. You need to appear. The bond is on your appearance, it's independent as to whether they're going to reinstate the suspended sentence.

A lawyer can probably work things out (they'll tell you the cost up front) and may forstall additional incarceration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">