• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit for time served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Very sad mom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

This is my first time posting to this site or any legal advice forum. Please be nice and don'
t judge me or my son. My son is a herion addict and is in big trouble. He has been in a county detention facility for sixteen months on a burglary charge. Yes, he did it. No, this is not his first time in trouble. Please, please, please, don't bash me or him. I am in pain and grieve each day. My son was a missionary and now this. He was sentenced yesterday to 15 years/do four and after serving four, he will go to a long term residential treatment facility for 12 months. I think the sentence is fair; however, he was not given credit for time served.

My question is...Is there anything we can do to have the judge reconsider and possibily get the credit for the sixteen months? Probably a long shot but, of course, I want him to get the help he needs (long term treatment) sooner rather than later.

Many thanks,
Very sad mom

"Don't tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big God is."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">