• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my assault IV should not be dv

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saleenranger1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington st . my problem is i decided the other day that i wanted to buy and build a rifle and went down to my local gun store filled out the nics form for the background check and was put on hold/wait and found out todayy that they show me having a assault 4 dv on my record from 1995 when i was 19 years old i got in a fight with a guy my mom was dating he called the cops on me and i was arrested and went to jail when i went to court i was never told i was being charged with assault 4 domestic violence just assault 4 and i still have all my court paperwork nothing says its a dv charge but yet i have a non felony dv charge on my record. this guy i got in a fight with lived across the apartment complex in another apartment

saleenranger1

im not sure what i need to do to get this straightened out i dont know if my court paperwork would show that it was a dv cause nothing in my origanal paperwork that i stll have says its a dv and not once during my court hearing did they say it was so i think it was recorded in my record wrong and i dont know how to resolve this were to start?

outonbail

The store that received the notice denying your right to own a firearm, should have a phone number you can call that will put you in touch with someone who can tell you what you need to produce in order to have your gun ownership rights restored.

Start there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">