• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

layoffs and the A.D.A.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brian-m

I was recently laid off. Both my wife and daughter are disabled, though I am not. Both me and the employer in question are in New York State. In the past I have made several claims to my employers insurance carrier in regards to these disabilities, as well as had to take time off from work to handle medical emergencies due to same. Is it possible that this layoff could violate any provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, perhaps if the employer was trying to cut insurance costs, or get rid of an employee that might be called away from the job frequently, for example? The employer was a small firm, about 50 persons approximately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">