• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything we can do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cww506

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My girlfriend had a B&E charge in juvenile court, she was getting the maximum sentencing and was pregnant at the time. So rather than have her baby in the program they sentenced her as an adult and she took 3years probation. She has since finished the probation and paid all restitution.

From her research online she was charged with a Class 1 felony and it cannot be expunged from her record. Is there anything she can do to get rid of this and help her move on with her life?

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My girlfriend had a B&E charge in juvenile court, she was getting the maximum sentencing and was pregnant at the time. So rather than have her baby in the program they sentenced her as an adult and she took 3years probation. She has since finished the probation and paid all restitution.

From her research online she was charged with a Class 1 felony and it cannot be expunged from her record. Is there anything she can do to get rid of this and help her move on with her life?
You could try for a pardon.

cww506

Good idea, hadn't thought of that actually. I was thinking about her other Juvie charges last night after i posted. It would probably help her situation if we could get those expunged first right or would it not make a difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">