• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 White collar felony charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

equis79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

What are the chances of getting probation or even have the case dropped?
First time offense. The charges are:

2 counts of forgery (class 3)
1 count theft (class 3)
1 count bad check over $150 (class 4)

This person bought 2 cars w/bad checks. She did know the checks would not clear.

None of those are white collar.

This case has a substantial paper trail, also known as proof. Probably no chance of it dropped, maybe 50/50 for probation. Certainly fines and restitution along with it, and a record which of course is a life-sentence for employment purposes.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

What are the chances of getting probation or even have the case dropped?
First time offense. The charges are:

2 counts of forgery (class 3)
1 count theft (class 3)
1 count bad check over $150 (class 4)

This person bought 2 cars w/bad checks. She did know the checks would not clear.
What :confused: just because these crimes did not involve violence you deem them white-collar crimes:confused:

Ohiogal might get mad at me again, but oh well; let's just put lipstick on a pig and call a criminal a criminal :cool:

cyjeff

Y'all are nicer than I am.

Two separate incidents, four felonies?

I see the over/under as 3 years.

equis79

All of the felonies are from one incident....
She tried to buy 2 cars at one time.

The thing that kills me is there are similar situations for this person, but in civil court.
Basically she pays for things w/bad checks.
She owns her own company, her employees cash their payroll checks at currency exchanges, and by the time the currency exchanges realize the checks are bad the money is already gone. This women had been sued multiple times for this (including 5 different "landlords"- 2 personal and 3 business locations).
We have been told the civil cases do not matter.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What :confused: just because these crimes did not involve violence you deem them white-collar crimes:confused:

Ohiogal might get mad at me again, but oh well; let's just put lipstick on a pig and call a criminal a criminal :cool:
Again, you are insulting Sarah Palin! Good grief you bleeding heart tie dyed liberal -- knock it off! Jeez. Have the proper deference for this woman who the US is blessed to have running for vice president with her volumes of foreign policy experience -- especially with Russia! So knock it off. There is lipstick but Sarah Palin is NOT a pig. (she doesn't have the curlicue tail).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, please stop picking on Caribou Barbie.
Hey I want one. She comes with a rifle and baby right? Dressed in a fur coat with a little oil derrick and white cloth to simulate the Alaskan wilderness correct?
Does she talk? I hope so -- Drill baby drill!

Antigone*

Again, you are insulting Sarah Palin! Good grief you bleeding heart tie dyed liberal -- knock it off! Jeez. Have the proper deference for this woman who the US is blessed to have running for vice president with her volumes of foreign policy experience -- especially with Russia! So knock it off. There is lipstick but Sarah Palin is NOT a pig. (she doesn't have the curlicue tail).
Gotta love you Ohiogal. Just one correction I've never ever worn tye-dye in my life!!! It would clash with closet full of conservative banker clothes that I own.

Oh wait, but Sarah Palin and her family got their wardrobe(Macy's, Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales) paid for by John McCain's campaign.

So the volumes of foreign policy experience can go with the volumes of new clothes she and her family now own. Oh and that experience with Russia...she lived right across the street!:D

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Gotta love you Ohiogal. Just one correction I've never ever worn tye-dye in my life!!! It would clash with closet full of conservative banker clothes that I own.

Oh wait, but Sarah Palin and her family got their wardrobe(Macy's, Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales) paid for by John McCain's campaign.

So the volumes of foreign policy experience can go with the volumes of new clothes she and her family now own. Oh and that experience with Russia...she lived right across the street!:D
Actually that should be right across the strait.
let's be specific here.

cyjeff

You are right, of course.

I forgot how much foreign policy experience Bill Clinton have from his home in Little Rock? How about Reagan's? Or Jimmy Carter's from Plains, Georgia?

Or, even, how much foreign policy experience friend Obama has? How much international exposure do community organizers enjoy?

On the other hand, knowing that if Russia had so much fun invading Georgia that MY state was next on the menu would be quite a thought. Of course, Clinton had to worry about those darn Cajuns next door... but we all have our problems, right?

There has been, prior to this election, a long line of governors going to the executive office. All of a sudden, being a junior senator from Ill. trumps running a statewide government.

Let's see... Jefferson, Monroe, Tyler, Van Buren, Johnson, Cleveland, McKinley, Wilson, Coolidge and Roosevelt .... along with the above mentioned Carter, Reagan, Clinton and Bush. Oops, almost forgot Polk, Hayes, and Teddy Roosevelt!!!

Let's see... how many community organizers... hmmm... let me get back to you..

Last edited:

cyjeff

But I forgot.

Obama also said that he got plenty of executive experience running for President... so that is a wash... right?

Running for president gives you the same experience as being President... right?

Of course they are equivalent. Just like stating the word "change" ad nauseum in commercials can somehow make the masses jump through hoops of fire to kiss your feet, while at the same time summing up an entirely ambiguous and undefined campaign platform.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">