• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

External Auto lights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AnndraInAJAZ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hi, i live in Arizona and I am wanting to decorate the outside of my car with christmas-type lights (they're actually for Halloween, but the same kind as the Christmas ones). I assume inside my car could make it hard to see at night if I have them on.

They are purple.

They are indoor/outdoor lights and are the real little ones.

I am wondering, is it legal in the state of Arizona to have them on at night?

They are not LED, do not get hot, and do not emit any kind of beam.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

anndrea

AnndraInAJAZ

I haven't asked them.

I feel kind of dumb not knowing, and really hoped to find an answer without actually speaking to someone :)

patstew

I haven't asked them.
I feel kind of dumb not knowing, and really hoped to find an answer without actually speaking to someone :)
So what are we, chopped liver? This kind of thing varies between communities. Suck it up and call -- you don't have to tell them who you are.

AnndraInAJAZ

nonono, not chopped liver...

that's the point...i'd rather talk to you than "them"...lol

ok, i'll call them...and i'll post on here what they said...maybe someone else in this godforsaken state wants to know this :)

racer72

FYI, many years ago I put some battery powered lights in the back window of my pickup. I did have one police officer approach me about the lights. He wanted to know where I got them, he wanted some for his vehicle.

cyjeff

Yeah, I rigged up a Christmas wreath and some faux pine stuff with lights for the luggage rack.

No one stopped me... though they did wonder about the red nose on the hood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">