• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school - visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conyers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

my exhusband is looking at going overseas for a job. currently we both live in the same city and the final decree states that as long as my ex lives in this town my son can use his address to determine where he will go to school. we are wanting to move out of the city. I have primary custody and can determine where we live but there is that clause in the decree. If he goes out of the country for months at a time what leg do we have to stand on for moving into another city in the state and have my son change school districts?

racer72

You answered your own question.

my exhusband is looking at going overseas for a job. currently we both live in the same city and the
final decree states that as long as my ex lives in this town
my son can use his address to determine where he will go to school.
If you ex doesn't live in the town, that part does not apply.

racer72

You answered your own question.

my exhusband is looking at going overseas for a job. currently we both live in the same city and the
final decree states that as long as my ex lives in this town
my son can use his address to determine where he will go to school.
If you ex doesn't live in the town, that part does not apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">