• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to start?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebabecca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UTAH

I'm at a total loss of where to start and what to do. My spouse is terminally ill, has no will, no assets but does have debt from before we were married and medical debt since our marriage. I need to know what I should have in place to protect what little we do have after his death. Also what I should be prepared to be responsible for in regards to his debt and such. We have very little life insurance and am very concerned that once everything is said and done there won't be anything left for our kids. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bewilder in Salt Lake,
RebabeccaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

Social Security will play a major part of your economic recovery. How old are the children? Did/does your husband work? What are "the little assets that you have? Apparently (you have children together) you have been married for years, how many? How long have these debts been owed? You need to get some economic counseling as soon as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">