• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty catch22

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

litonc

I have an extended warranty, where the policy explicity says that the grearbox fault is covered, I have taken the car to the dealer of the warranties choice.

There the warranty requested the stripping and taking out of the gearbox from the car, the main dealer has taken out the gearbox, but is refusing to strip the gearbox as this could cause and is likely to cause further damges.

the warranty company refuses to come out and inspect until the work is done.

PROBLEM : if the warranty comes out and finds that the part is not covered under warranty then i am liable for the repair, stripping and all other costs. But if the part is not removed and stripped then warranty company cannot look at the part to pay out.

Question : What next ?? HELP

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Us law only!

i have an extended warranty, where the policy explicity says that the grearbox fault is covered, i have taken the car to the dealer of the warranties choice.

There the warranty requested the stripping and taking out of the gearbox from the car, the main dealer has taken out the gearbox, but is refusing to strip the gearbox as this could cause and is likely to cause further damges.

The warranty company refuses to come out and inspect until the work is done.

Problem : If the warranty comes out and finds that the part is not covered under warranty then i am liable for the repair, stripping and all other costs. But if the part is not removed and stripped then warranty company cannot look at the part to pay out.

Question : What next ?? Help

litonc

thanks,
I was hopnig i could get a view from how to go forward if this was under US LAW, as this would then give me some guide.

if that makes any sense.

The Occultist

thanks,
I was hopnig i could get a view from how to go forward if this was under US LAW, as this would then give me some guide.

if that makes any sense.
No, laws are different. The reason why posters need to include the name of their state is because even within the US the laws still vary state to state. We cannot help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">