• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ceedee08

Mississippi.

Hi. I've came here twice before and both questions got good answers but this question is a little more difficult to find an answer. I looked everywhere on google and can't find any information on it.

Question: If I'm sentenced to 30 days in jail for a small crime, do I have the right to put myself into 23 hour lockup or "the hole"?

I ask because I'm 5'10 and only 110 pounds with a pinched nerve in my arm plus a damaged spine so 1) I cannot defend myself and 2) I'm 10x more likely and vulnerable to be attacked or raped because of my size.

So if sentenced to do 30 days, do I have the right to request that I be put in 23 hour lockup away from all people for my own protection?

And is there any other forms of protection for people like me other than 23 hour lock-up?
And if you have some links to sites with more information please link me.

acsdco

answer

What ever you do don't get yourself put in the SHU (the hole) because getting yourself in trouble might lead to more time. I'm a corrections officer in NY when you turn yourself in inquire about protecive custody,secoundly if they do not have protective custody ask them about your classification level. You might be put on a work detail. What ever you think about jail it's not true, I work at one that houses over a thousand of inmates and very rarely to problems arise. Also an extra reminder don't get involved with any one who wants you to do something you shouldn't like smuggle contraband. Notify your officers asap, you might be called snitch, but who cares their not the ones who get in trouble. By the way in NY if your sentenced to 30 days you only do 20, find out what your state sentencing guideline are. Good luck and don't do anything stupid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Worried about what happens in jail, yet you have no problem shoving your mom around whilst in a drunken stupor huh? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">