• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd drinking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MD45

I am a college student in North Carolina and I just received my second drinking ticket. My first ticket was in a situation where it was not my alcohol but I was around others with alcohol that were drinking so I just got charged with possession of alcohol underage. I got the ticket deferred and did community service, given I had 3 years without any other drinking tickets. I was 18 years old

I am 20 years old now and the ticket I just got was for possession of alcohol underage, not intoxication. Once again, I was with friends that were drinking and they were at my apartment, so I got a ticket. I was told I could just pay the fine, but when I went to pay the fine I was told that since it was my second drinking ticket. I need to appear before the judge on this one. Some of the alcohol was honestly mine this time. What should I do when I go to court.

Antigone*

I am a college student in North Carolina and I just received my second drinking ticket. My first ticket was in a situation where it was not my alcohol but I was around others with alcohol that were drinking so I just got charged with possession of alcohol underage. I got the ticket deferred and did community service, given I had 3 years without any other drinking tickets. I was 18 years old

I am 20 years old now and the ticket I just got was for possession of alcohol underage, not intoxication. Once again, I was with friends that were drinking and they were at my apartment, so I got a ticket. I was told I could just pay the fine, but when I went to pay the fine I was told that since it was my second drinking ticket. I need to appear before the judge on this one. Some of the alcohol was honestly mine this time. What should I do when I go to court.
Make sure you go sober :cool:
Plead for mercy:eek:
Be ready to spend some time "on vacation", pay up with cold hard cash, and a nice chunk of community service (AT LEAST):D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">