• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move in with Parents if moving to another state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

argusdog

I live in RI and want to move to NC. I asked my Probation officer to get the process started, but she said that I may have to move in with my parents if they accept me. Since I am mid thirties with two kids, this is not an option. Is this true, or would they let me move if I simply secured housing? I am unsupervised on a non-violent felony conviction with all terms met, except for the clock ticking down my time, which has some years left.

Thanks...

FlyingRon

Actually it's the existing parole officer AND the one in the new state (NC) together. Usually the state you're transferring in has their own requirements and you are still subject to the sending state's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">