• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emergency Probation Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moraless2

My husband is stuck in FL right now pending reporting documents from NC for his transfer. His FL probation officer said she sent his paperwork off for an emergency transfer but doesn't know when she'll get the ok.

Can someone please tell me the difference and time frame b/t emergency probation transfer and a regular transfer of probation?

Thank you.

FlyingRon

My husband is stuck in FL right now pending reporting documents from NC for his transfer. His FL probation officer said she sent his paperwork off for an emergency transfer but doesn't know when she'll get the ok.

Can someone please tell me the difference and time frame b/t emergency probation transfer and a regular transfer of probation?

Thank you.
The emergency transfer takes twice as long :).

Seriously, a regular transfer can take months. Generally the sending state packages up the request sends it to the receiving state (which may or may not have an "emergency" status to transfer requests) which queue up for someone to make a decision and send back their conditions which goes back to the original PO to be approved and then the original PO sends back that approval.

That's all hoping the paperwork doesn't get lost or otherwise pigeonholed on the way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">