• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

may have a warrant out and need to report a hit and run...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rorymac

Alabama

I was hit by a state trooper a few weeks ago and he left the scene...while I reported the incident to a supervisor and am now in legal proceedings, my attorny has asked me to file a hit and run report with city police department. I have been told they have to send an officer out to you to file the report.
With there being a possible bench warrant out for me regarding and unpaid ticket/failure to appear...will the officer look all of that up or will he simply take down the report?

I was not in my car when the accident took place. I was NOT driving as i have suspended and expired license due tot the unpaid ticket. I was walking across the street when the state trooper hit me with his car.

I have to file this report to help my case...but I don't want to end up arrested for it....what do i do??????? HELP!!!

seniorjudge

Q: With there being a possible bench warrant out for me regarding and unpaid ticket/failure to appear...will the officer look all of that up or will he simply take down the report?

A: Your attorney needs to know this immediately. Make arrangements to surrender. Cops (it would seem to me) should run everyone's record they are interrogating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">