• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrevocable trusts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckilloy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wis
My father set up an irevocable trust with my sister and i as trustees, This trust was set up in Nevada although he resided in Wis at the time of his death. My sister has taking money out of the trust for her own use. It was resolved by I and the attorney. She will make amends at the time of distribution. I am now in charge money distribution. I am being hounded by one of the beneficiaries. They have talked to the accountant and attorney and still are not satisfied with the answers. They want immediiate distribution of the their monies. That cannot be done as yet as there are matters that are being taken care by the attorney, accountant and the investment agent that have to be done first. What are my rights as a trustee? There is a clause in the trust that says anybody who contests the trust or makes trouble for it will be subject to disinheritance. We have been harrassed and threatened to the point that we are distraught. My father said this would be simple and there would be no problem. While I realize I am do represent the beneficiaries I do believe that I have a responsiblility to carry out the wishes of my Mom and dad as stated in the trust. We have an attorney but to even talk to him incurs a charge of hundreds of dollars.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Wouldn't YOU be concerned if you found out a trustee was taking money out of the trust for their own use? All you can do now is to send the beneficiary a certified letter stating that a full and complete accounting will be provided when the distribution is made.

You would be smart not to give out any additional details about what is happening with the trust so that you don't get into further trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">