• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jp222

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

I received a traffic ticket--speeeding approx 11 years ago in a county I do not live. I was working at the time. Shortly after had a mental breakdown, spent some time in the hospital, spent the rest of the time including now heavily doped on meds. I can not work I am on disability. My license was revoked due to lack of payment. Didn't bother me as I was and still am too sick to drive. I thought this had been paid years ago but today received a bill threatening to have a warrant placed on me for this $200 bill. There is a possibility that this bill didn't get paid in the process of dealing with my illness so I called trying to make payment arrangements. I know it is only $200 but I am on disability and that is a lot for me. I was told very rudely that it was not possible and to expect the warrant to be placed for me. This was from a Mr. Hill at Capital Recovery Group. Can a collection agency threaten a warrant sucessfully? Why I not make payment arrangements? Mr. Hill was downright harrassing to me, do I have to put up with that? What should I do?

Some Random Guy

Collection agents cannot have you arrested for non-payment. They are also not required to accepts partial payments for debts. Agree with the occultist - contact the courts and find a way to get the full payment amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">