• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal citation vs. arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cucucucu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Receiving a criminal traffic ticket and then being let go by the officer is the same as being arrested??

I was driving with my venezuelan driver's license which I thought was good for 6 months, and according the police officer was good only for 1 month. He gave a "no-valid-license" ticket.. which is a criminal traffic violation... but he never arrested me ... he just gave me the ticket, and let me go...

Ive heard that receiving this kind of tickets mught be considered as being arrested?? is this true???

even if dismissed by the court (they will because I already got my FL DL), will I have any arrest/criminal record???

What about being asked if ever arrested or convicted??

Thanks

The Occultist

If you weren't arrested, then you do not have an arrest record.

If it is a criminal violation, then I suppose you do have a criminal record.

cucucucu

How many kinds of records do we have??

- Traffic
- Criminal
- Arrest

????

If a case is dismissed without a trial (let say mine)... involving a criminal traffic violation (arrestable), but without having being arrested**************.... what kind of record will I have at the end of the process??? traffic?? criminal?? arrest???

Txs

The Occultist

Not enough of any kind of record to turn you away from a job if that's what you're asking. Actually, what are you truly asking here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">