• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Annika_Tarkin

I feel so confused. I'm fifteen years old.

My father is a Senator. I can't go to him, and I can't go to my mother. They would be so upset if they knew. I can't put them through that. And, they probably won't believe me.

I...I was raped. But, I can't remember. I can hardly remember /anything/. But then...sometimes I can. Sometimes I can remember even like whether or not he used a condom. But, sometimes I can't even remember who it was. The only time my perfect memory has /ever/ failed me... I'm used to being so in control, pragmatic, and precocious.

I think I'm experiencing Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.

Please, help me. Someone. /Anyone/ I don't know what I should do.

I have a few questions, the least of which is the following: If I were to tell my rabbi, or cantor, do they have a Duty to Report? If I specifically ask for confidentiality, and for them to not tell my parents, must they listen?

I would normally call the District Attorney for something like this, but he is very close to my father...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oh, honey, I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

If you absolutely can't bring yourself to talk to anyone you know, try here: RAINN | Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network | RAINN: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.One of ?America?s 100 Best Charities" ?Worth magazine or here: Rape Is - Support Information, Rape Crisis Centers and Hotlines

Call the hotline and talk to a counselor. They will not tell your parents (although sooner or later they will have to know). Come back and tell us how you're doing.

Annika_Tarkin

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

If you absolutely can't bring yourself to talk to anyone you know, try here: RAINN | Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network | RAINN: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.One of ?America?s 100 Best Charities" ?Worth magazine or here: Rape Is - Support Information, Rape Crisis Centers and Hotlines

Call the hotline and talk to a counselor. They will not tell your parents (although sooner or later they will have to know). Come back and tell us how you're doing.
Thank you so much. I've considered calling RAINN, but I live in the state my father represents, and they redirect you to a center near where you are calling from. They could easily identify me.

Annika_Tarkin

The best friends you will ever have is your family. Trust them.
I know, and it isn't that I don't trust my parents. I love my parents, so much. And it's an election year. My father is already going through enough. I can't add /this/ on, too.

One of my father's closest friends is the D.A. of where we live, and I've asked him a lot of questions, feigning simple curiosity. I've gained a lot of acting skills from my father. Anyway, any doctor or teacher I tell has a duty to Report, in order to fulfill their Duty to Protect. Anyone /else/ I tell doesn't need to keep confidentiality. Also, please call me Annie. That's my name.

My father is a Member of Congress. He has a god complex, much like our country did with the Iraq War. My father thinks he knows everything. Seeing as I cannot remember much, my father will interrogate me, along with the D.A., who is his very close friend. When they cannot get anything out of me, they will believe I am making it up. That will drive us farther apart.

cyjeff

I am so sorry as to what happened to you.

A couple of things....

I am the father of a 15 year old girl. There is not a reason in the world that I would be mad at my daughter for being raped. You may say that you shouldn't have been doing what you were doing with whom you were doing it at the time of the rape, but that doesn't change anything as far as your parents go.

Parental love is unconditional. You can't lose it. Trust the people that have loved and cared for you up to now to keep on doing that. They are always in your corner.

Second... um, it took me 30 seconds to link your name to whom you were. Believe me, your parents can do the same...

Go to them. Trust them and their love in you.

cyjeff

I know, and it isn't that I don't trust my parents. I love my parents, so much. And it's an election year. My father is already going through enough. I can't add /this/ on, too.

One of my father's closest friends is the D.A. of where we live, and I've asked him a lot of questions, feigning simple curiosity. I've gained a lot of acting skills from my father. Anyway, any doctor or teacher I tell has a duty to Report, in order to fulfill their Duty to Protect. Anyone /else/ I tell doesn't need to keep confidentiality. Also, please call me Annie. That's my name.

My father is a Member of Congress. He has a god complex, much like our country did with the Iraq War. My father thinks he knows everything. Seeing as I cannot remember much, my father will interrogate me, along with the D.A., who is his very close friend. When they cannot get anything out of me, they will believe I am making it up. That will drive us farther apart.
Okay... and suddenly I am beginning to think we are being hoaxed.

Annika_Tarkin

I am so sorry as to what happened to you.

A couple of things....

I am the father of a 15 year old girl. There is not a reason in the world that I would be mad at my daughter for being raped. You may say that you shouldn't have been doing what you were doing with whom you were doing it at the time of the rape, but that doesn't change anything as far as your parents go.

Parental love is unconditional. You can't lose it. Trust the people that have loved and cared for you up to now to keep on doing that. They are always in your corner.

Second... um, it took me 30 seconds to link your name to whom you were. Believe me, your parents can do the same...

Go to them. Trust them and their love in you.
....N-no you haven't. You /can't/ have.

*sigh*

Tell...tell me on PM who you think I am. Or e-mail. [email protected]

Annika_Tarkin

Then you must be one of those who don't listen when it's explained with proof that the President violated the Constitution by sending us to war.

What reason would I have to lie? I stated in my /original/ post that my father was a politician. I have not posted my state, because I could be identified.

You tell me: Who am I trying to impress?

I want help in dealing with this, so if you are going to make pointless, absurd accusations, with no proof or basis, leave now.

mommyof4

The manner of expression of her first post tipped me off. Glad to know that I am not the only one that got that feeling.

OP, (I don't want to be on a first name basis, thank you anyway) if ANY of this is true, contact RAINN or your local rape crisis center. It's confidential, no matter who you are.

If this is what I think it is....shame on you.

Annika_Tarkin

The manner of expression of her first post tipped me off. Glad to know that I am not the only one that got that feeling.

OP, (I don't want to be on a first name basis, thank you anyway) if ANY of this is true, contact RAINN or your local rape crisis center. It's confidential, no matter who you are.

*sigh* Let me tell you right now:

You are wrong. This /entire/ post is true. And, /your/ post, as well as that other posters reinforces what I believed would be the case- no one is going to believe me.

And look- it's coming from a mother. Shame.
:(

Silverplum

The manner of expression of her first post tipped me off.
M-me too. I...I feel...that we are...s-somehow...in unity.
mommyof4 said:
Glad to know that I am not the only one that got that feeling.
*sigh*
mommyof4 said:
That's a fact. Pretty much anyone would know that, and not go to a legal board, do you think?
mommyof4 said:
*sigh*
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cyjeff

Then you must be one of those who don't listen when it's explained with proof that the President violated the Constitution by sending us to war.

What reason would I have to lie? I stated in my /original/ post that my father was a politician. I have not posted my state, because I could be identified.

You tell me: Who am I trying to impress?

I want help in dealing with this, so if you are going to make pointless, absurd accusations, with no proof or basis, leave now.
Hayley,

The last thing I require is a lecture (incorrectly, I may add) on constitutional theory and procedure.

On the off chance that you aren't here just to pretend to get sympathy so we will listen to your rants, you either make the choice to tell or you learn to live with it.

Those are your options.

Personally, I gotta throw the BS flag on your reasons (Dear Daddy is far too busy with his reelection campaign to worry about my rape). My guess? You are either a fraud or know EXACTLY why you can't remember anything...

You are now concerned that headlines will read "Senator's daughter raped at drug party" and it will kill his campaign.

Doesn't excuse your rape... but you are trying to figure out some way where everyone BUT your parents find out... and that way doesn't exist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">