• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ShopLifting and H1B first time Stamping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swetha1985

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I was arrested in shoplifting and was asked to attend the court and attended the court with an attorney..and the case was degraded to municipal ordinace case saying that I caused disurbance at the store where the security officer has been interfered and all.However to file expungement it takes 5years so I pleaded guilty for the degraded case and the shoplifting case not guilty thats like now IAm carrying the ammended case.I was fingerprinted too.So the questions here are as follows:

1)I got my H1 approved and working but still didnt attend for the visa stamping.So,will this be a problem if I attend for visa stamping and which country would you recommend for stamping.

2)I have done background check by myself online and found no records..its confusing me now..my case was ammended frm shoplifting to municipal ordinance..does dat means it wont be shown on criminal records.

3)1)I have done a criminal background check online and no record was shown up in my case.But I was finger printed too.I dont undestand why it didnt show up

4)During the visa stamp,the viso officers will see the main case or the ammended case.However I have my disposition letter which says my case has been ammened.

5)Shoplifting is an criminal case but they ammended to municpal ordinance case.So,now I am carrying a criminal case or an municiapl ordinace case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">