• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help please!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shay1989

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

HELLO HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY? I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM MY BOYFRIEND WAS ARRESTED FOR DWI, BUT THE NEXT DAY HE WAS RELEASED FROM JAIL, A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER HE WAS PULLED OVER AND THE OFFICER ARRESTED HIM FOR A BLUE WARRANT ARREST DUE TO THE DWI WHICH WAS A VIOLATION OF HIS PAROLE.HE WENT TO COURT FOR THE DWI BUT ALL CHARGES WAS DROPPED SINCE HE DID TIME SERVED BUT HE IS STILL BEING HELD IN JAIL..MY QUESTION IS WHY IF HE HAVE CHARGES AGAINST HIM WHY ARE THEY STILL HOLDING HIM I KNOW IT HAVE TO GO TO THE PAROLE BOARD TO SEE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH HIM BUT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO NO WHAT THE OUTCOME WOULD BE BECAUSE HIS PAROLE OFFICER DOESNT LET ME OR HIS MOM NO ANYTHING AND I REALLY NEED HIM HOME SO HE WONT LOSE HIS JOB....CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME:confused::(

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

HELLO HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY? I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM MY BOYFRIEND WAS ARRESTED FOR DWI, BUT THE NEXT DAY HE WAS RELEASED FROM JAIL, A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER HE WAS PULLED OVER AND THE OFFICER ARRESTED HIM FOR A BLUE WARRANT ARREST DUE TO THE DWI WHICH WAS A VIOLATION OF HIS PAROLE.HE WENT TO COURT FOR THE DWI BUT ALL CHARGES WAS DROPPED SINCE HE DID TIME SERVED BUT HE IS STILL BEING HELD IN JAIL..MY QUESTION IS WHY IF HE HAVE CHARGES AGAINST HIM WHY ARE THEY STILL HOLDING HIM I KNOW IT HAVE TO GO TO THE PAROLE BOARD TO SEE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH HIM BUT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO NO WHAT THE OUTCOME WOULD BE BECAUSE HIS PAROLE OFFICER DOESNT LET ME OR HIS MOM NO ANYTHING AND I REALLY NEED HIM HOME SO HE WONT LOSE HIS JOB....CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME:confused::(
My crystal ball won't answer to posters using improper netiquette....I really don't "no" what to tell you:cool:

vabapesta

what the heck is wrong with people on here..she has a question and shes typing quickly and obvioulsy u knew what she meant so why dont u leave ur pointless responces to urself and let some that is interested in answering her do so instead of being sarcastic to someone who is obviously stressin right now?? geeez

PJ Weber

what the heck is wrong with people on here..she has a question and shes typing quickly and obvioulsy u knew what she meant so why dont u leave ur pointless responces to urself and let some that is interested in answering her do so instead of being sarcastic to someone who is obviously stressin right now?? geeez
It's all in the presentation . . . what you type is who you are . . .like
a job interview, where there is only one chance to make a first impression

All caps is considered shouting, any advice given to someone
who is shouting would be meaningless

Antigone*

It's all in the presentation . . . what you type is who you are . . .like
a job interview, where there is only one chance to make a first impression

All caps is considered shouting, any advice given to someone
who is shouting would be meaningless
uoıssǝɹdɯı ʇsɹıɟ ɐ ǝʞɐɯ oʇ ǝɔuɐɥɔ ǝuo ʎluo sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ 'ʍǝıʌɹǝʇuı qoɾ ɐ
ǝʞıl˙ ˙ ˙ ǝɹɐ noʎ oɥʍ sı ǝdʎʇ noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ uoıʇɐʇuǝsǝɹd ǝɥʇ uı llɐ s,ʇı

sorry guys I couldn't help myself. I promise won't let it happen again....maybe

CavemanLawyer

The parole board process is generally put on hold until after the local charges are disposed of, so it doesn't matter how long he was in jail on the DWI, only how long he's been in jail since the DWI was disposed of. You said the charges were dropped because he did time-served, but that doesn't really make sense to me. It sounds more like he just plead guilty/nolo and got time-served.

Here is what sounds like a decent description of the Texas parole process.
synopsis of the Texas parole revocation process - Prison Talk

I can't confirm it personally though. My experience is that it takes a few weeks or so for an inmate to be picked up from county on their parole board warrant, and that seems consistent with what was posted in the above description.

There is absolutely no way to know what the result of the parole hearing will be. The parole officer doesn't even know yet. That is the point of the hearing, to make that decision.

shay1989

Thanks

Thank you for the advice.I guess he did just plead guilty because in Houston they allow you access to see what how many charges an inmate has against them and at first the DWI was one of his charges,but since he went to court it has been cleared so now it just says a motion to revoke parole as the only charge that he have.So thats what i was trying to figure out since the DWI is cleared whats going to happen now? But thanks you been very helpful {unlike most people on here} i have been stressing myself out trying to come up with the most logic thing i could think of:confused:o

shay1989

My crystal ball won't answer to posters using improper netiquette....I really don't "no" what to tell you:cool:

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HELP THEN PLEASE FIND SOMETHING ELSE BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME BESIDE TRYING TO BE A DAMN ENGLISH TEACHER!!!!:p{OH MY GOD..I USED ALL CAPS AGAIN SORRY}:eek::p:eek::eek::):D:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">