• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pablo_sanchez

Well statutory rape laws for my state (pennsylvania) says that if there is a difference of 4 or more years, then it is statutory rape.

What if some one is 3 and a half years older, but right now they are 4 years apart.

For example, say a 18 year old and a 14 year old have sex, but they are only 3 and a half years apart in age. Does the law go by the age (18 and 14), or by the actual difference in age (3.5 years)?

Last edited:

pablo_sanchez

I really don't think you understand the question.

Im not asking how my state determines the age of consent, im asking how the US views age difference. Its not different in each state, although the age of consent is.

And newsflash, I'm not asking for your opinion, Im asking for the law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I really don't think you understand the question.

Im not asking how my state determines the age of consent, im asking how the US views age difference. Its not different in each state, although the age of consent is.

And newsflash, I'm not asking for your opinion, Im asking for the law.
Oh, the LAW:
Leave the child alone.

And, if you cannot follow the rules of this site, you won't get any more of an answer.

ETA: Speak to an attorney (criminal defense). In fact, you should probably have one on speed-dial.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To start out with, you follow the site rules and post the name of your state.

Each state has different laws.

NO ONE on this site is going to tell you how to have sex with a child without going to jail for it. So it that's your intent, you might as well go elsewhere because we're not playing your game.

Whether it falls under statutory rape laws or not, a 14 year old cannot give consent to sex.

pablo_sanchez

All right, my state is pennsylvania. In pennsylvania some one between the ages of 13 and 16 can give consent, only if the partner is less than 4 years age difference.

My question is... if they are 4 years different (17 and 13), but if you look at their birthdays, they are 3.5 years apart, is that legal?

seniorjudge

All right, my state is pennsylvania. In pennsylvania some one between the ages of 13 and 16 can give consent, only if the partner is less than 4 years age difference.

My question is... if they are 4 years different (17 and 13), but if you look at their birthdays, they are 3.5 years apart, is that legal?
NO ONE on this site is going to tell you how to have sex with a child without going to jail for it. So it that's your intent, you might as well go elsewhere because we're not playing your game.

Whether it falls under statutory rape laws or not, a 14 year old cannot give consent to sex.

Indiana Filer

ok if i am not following the rules of this site... where do i post for individual state laws?
You need to post the name of YOUR state, and the details of YOUR situation.

Oh, and leave the child alone. Why would you want to have sex with a child? That's a perversion.

pablo_sanchez

Yes a 14 year old can, I looked at my state laws. What is this site for if NO ONE is going to tell me what the law is?

pablo_sanchez

How old are you and how old is the child you want to have sex with?

What is your address, telephone number, and social security number?
Why would I give away that information on the web. This forum is for advice. I want to know what the god damn law is. I already said the situation, we are currently 4 years apart (if you look at age) but if you look at birthdays, we are only 3.5 years apart. Does that break the law of PA? Thats all I want to know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">