• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal search and seizure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M&M84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wyoming. Is it legal for police to come into your home and search the house when you are not there but someone else is?(i.e. family that does not reside there)

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wyoming. Is it legal for police to come into your home and search the house when you are not there but someone else is?(i.e. family that does not reside there)
It can be.

Care to elaborate on what happened and who did and said what?

- Carl

M&M84

My husband and I went out to dinner, when we came home we were told that the police came over and there was tickets for both of us, I was told that they had come over for a "welfare check" for my children. Which seemed VERY strange because I take better care of my children than most people do.I take pride in being a stay at home mom, but that's neither her nor there. Anyway we were told that they went downstairs (where our room-mate was living) had found a marijuana pipe(if I had known that I would have gave him the "boot") SO they tried to charge BOTH the room=mate and my husband with possession, even though we hardly ever went downstairs, and had no idea of his extra curricular activities.

seniorjudge

My husband and I went out to dinner, when we came home we were told that the police came over and there was tickets for both of us, I was told that they had come over for a "welfare check" for my children. Which seemed VERY strange because I take better care of my children than most people do.I take pride in being a stay at home mom, but that's neither her nor there. Anyway we were told that they went downstairs (where our room-mate was living) had found a marijuana pipe(if I had known that I would have gave him the "boot") SO they tried to charge BOTH the room=mate and my husband with possession, even though we hardly ever went downstairs, and had no idea of his extra curricular activities.
Thank you for posting.

Now, please answer this question:

did the occupants allow the search?

cyjeff

I was told that they simply let them in for the "welfare check"
Okay, this is getting annoying.

Who is "they"... who is "them" and do "they" or "them" live there? Do they have a key to the front door? Is their mail delivered there?

M&M84

They, being extended family were babysitting my children, while my husband and myself were out eating dinner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">