• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car towed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kushiebear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My daughter's car was towed today (along with 24 others). She has been parking there for a couple years on and off again. There are no signs, stating no parking. She went to the Greenville Police Dept to find out where her car was and ask why it was towed. They told her that they have been putting flyers on cars parking there for a month telling them that they couldn't park there anymore (she never received one). I don't think that putting flyers on cars constitutes notifying the public that it is now a no parking zone, when there is clearly no signs stating no parking. She had to pay $125.00 to get her car back. Should I contact the Greenville Police Dept.

FlyingRon

What is "there"?

The requirements (if any) for a towing from private lots varies from town to town in NC. Some cities require signage. Others don't. The police department isn't likely much involved here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">