• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terror. Threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonked

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I was put in front of a "family court" for terr. threats. I was told I was never "charged" with anything, but I was put on a probationary period of 1 year, once a month to visit the officer.

Will this disqualify me from a career in the FBI/CIA/NSA?

xylene

Instead of putting "quotes" around stuff...

Spell out what you are talking about and what actually happened and what the 'actual' outcome was.

I take it this occured before 18th birthday

bonked

Sorry, guys. I was typing fast.

So, yes. This happened when I was 13.
When I went in front of a Family Judge, I was given a Deferred Disposition. I had a probationary period of 1 year and saw the officer once a month (he was very lenient...a 13 year old was the least of his problems).

My lawyer (a very expensive one...costing over 40,000) told me I was never charged with anything, and that he would move to have my record expunged.

Will this show up in a background investigation? Will I be able to peruse my career as a NSA agent (im excellent with code and programming)?

P.S. --- This is one of the few forums where I can find reasonable minded conservatives who dont support the Osama Nation.

PJ Weber

Will this show up in a background investigation?
Expunged or not a detailed background check for federal employment will reveal everything, good and bad

Why were you in family court?

What did you do?

bonked

Drinking?

I threatened someone online. Dumb mistake. It got me that charge.

Im wondering, will that disqualify me from federal employment?

bonked

A nation where we take from those who worked for it and redistribute their money to people who have made less intelligent decisions in their life. The govenment shouldnt pay for other peoples bad choices
(i.e. Someone decides to smoke pot in HS and fails out, is now on welfare and cant get a job because he was basically lazy...now i'm going to give him a majority of MY cash?)

Sorry, but no thanks.:mad:

cyjeff

There is a lot more to this if a lawyer had to charge you $40K.

If you aren't going to tell us what happened, we can't help you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
wth is the osama nation?
A nation where we take from those who worked for it and redistribute their money to people who have made less intelligent decisions in their life. The govenment shouldnt pay for other peoples bad choices
(i.e. Someone decides to smoke pot in HS and fails out, is now on welfare and cant get a job because he was basically lazy...now i'm going to give him a majority of MY cash?)

Sorry, but no thanks.:mad:
Son? Your inability to be hired by the NSA, etc will have little to do with your legal issue and everything to do with your stupidity. Try to figure out why I say that, dumbo.

bonked

Whatever, just delete this thread as its just creating spam. Obviously people here are not much help, and would rather flame others instead of helping them.

I'm not a "dumbo" sir, in fact I was just awarded a full undergraduate college scholarship to Yale University.

Please don't make annotations on others intelligence before you know they are in fact of a lower intelligence level. It usually comes off looking bad when your amiss.

I would guess the real dumbo in this is Yale University scholarship program.

Doooood... pay attention in today's English class. It will pay off later.

Ozark_Sophist

It may affect your ability to get any kind of security clearance. Your record will show up. The details do matter.

And the President-elect's name is Barack Obama. Wealth is redistributed all the time. You will be the beneficiary of wealth distribution through the scholarship--if you actually got one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">