• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor signed house for far less than worth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Hi. My mother passed away in June. My oldest brother is the executor. I have 2 brothers, and one sister. My one brother(not the exec.) from Vegas and sister from Washinton Dc. stayed in the house till mid-sept. and withdrew out of my mothers account, with my brothers (exec) knowledge. Thousands of dollars. My brother and sister who stayed there, changed the locks and I had no access shortly after my mother died because my sister was going to buy the house with all the contents in it. My brother (exec) was well aware of it and reassured me that when my sister buys the house, I can get in and get some stuff, even though my brother and sister, whom stayed there, took EVERYTHING OF VALUE back to their home town with them including my mothers car. Now my brother (exec) wants to turn over executorship to me, seeing as though I am co-exec in my mothers will, and he signed papers for her house for $70,000 with ALL CONTENTS IN IT. The exec called the estate attorney and wanted to put me as executor, seeing as though in her will I am co-exec. if he can not perform the duties, etc, and wants to now stop the sale of the house seeing as though it is under fair market value, and he declined the first house contract, because it had all contents in it. The attorney "slipped" it in the 2nd one and he signed it.
Can I stop the sale of the house which closes in two days? The house is worth $85-90 without contents.
Can my brother make me exec? And what paperwork has to be done to do this.

Thank you so very much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?NY

PS> My older brother (exec) get along great but I think the pot smoking 60's killed his sense of reality and responsiblity and he didn't want to upset my sister, so he bascially stuck it up my ass, gave her everything she wanted, along with my brother from Vegas, so he didn't have to hear them bitch.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What would be your reason for wanting to stop the sale of a practically worthless home?

You can get a real estate attorney (on your behalf) to contact the real estate company handling the sale or the party who is purchasing it to try to stop the sale.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Hi. My mother passed away in June. My oldest brother is the executor. I have 2 brothers, and one sister. My one brother(not the exec.) from Vegas and sister from Washinton Dc. stayed in the house till mid-sept. and withdrew out of my mothers account, with my brothers (exec) knowledge. Thousands of dollars. My brother and sister who stayed there, changed the locks and I had no access shortly after my mother died because my sister was going to buy the house with all the contents in it. My brother (exec) was well aware of it and reassured me that when my sister buys the house, I can get in and get some stuff, even though my brother and sister, whom stayed there, took EVERYTHING OF VALUE back to their home town with them including my mothers car. Now my brother (exec) wants to turn over executorship to me, seeing as though I am co-exec in my mothers will, and he signed papers for her house for $70,000 with ALL CONTENTS IN IT. The exec called the estate attorney and wanted to put me as executor, seeing as though in her will I am co-exec. if he can not perform the duties, etc, and wants to now stop the sale of the house seeing as though it is under fair market value, and he declined the first house contract, because it had all contents in it. The attorney "slipped" it in the 2nd one and he signed it.
Can I stop the sale of the house which closes in two days? The house is worth $85-90 without contents.
Can my brother make me exec? And what paperwork has to be done to do this.

Thank you so very much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?NY

PS> My older brother (exec) get along great but I think the pot smoking 60's killed his sense of reality and responsiblity and he didn't want to upset my sister, so he bascially stuck it up my ass, gave her everything she wanted, along with my brother from Vegas, so he didn't have to hear them bitch.
**A: do you have a current appraisal by a certified real estate appraiser confirming your value of $85-90K?

My sister is buying the house, far less than what it is worth with all contents in it. No, my brother never saw the appraisal, he took her word of what it was worth as far as a bank appraisal is concerned. The house closes Thursday morning, and I talked to my mom's estate attorney, who said that it would cost us far more than what it is worth. The personal property, got sold with the house. I recieved not a thing out of the house. I would of love some of my dad tools, etc., but everything of value is gone. I guess I just chalk it up and say the hell with everyone and hope they all rot, seeing as though it is not a chance in hell with the time frame.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">