• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distance to No Standing Anytime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mppohl

New York, Brooklyn
Hello,

I parked next to a No Standing Anytime sign with the tail of the car reaching '2,5 ft' into the
No Standing zone. Car wasn't blocking anything, not 'touching' the yellow marking on the curb, just really blocking a piece of the sign's designated space.
15 St. in Brooklyn, Pk Slope (or South)....ticket was issued by one of those overzealous
'Traffic' cops, i.e. revenue makers for the now cash strapped 'f...n' NY city..to the honorable members to this forum....do I have a leg to stand on with a defense?
Is there a minimum/maximum distance where this sign applies?

Thanks for any note...
Marty Pohl

[email protected]

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New York, Brooklyn
Hello,

I parked next to a No Standing Anytime sign with the tail of the car reaching '2,5 ft' into the
No Standing zone. Car wasn't blocking anything, not 'touching' the yellow marking on the curb, just really blocking a piece of the sign's designated space.
15 St. in Brooklyn, Pk Slope (or South)....ticket was issued by one of those overzealous
'Traffic' cops, i.e. revenue makers for the now cash strapped 'f...n' NY city..to the honorable members to this forum....do I have a leg to stand on with a defense?
Is there a minimum/maximum distance where this sign applies?

Thanks for any note...
Marty Pohl

[email protected]
No leg to stand on...because:
I parked next to a No Standing Anytime sign with the tail of the car reaching '2,5 ft' into the No Standing zone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">