• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possession of Alcohol --void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rwesty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Im not a juvenile, but I didnt know where else to post this.

I am a 19 year old male who recently received an Underage Possession of Alcohol citation while tailgating a college football game. The information of the citation was taken off of my student ID. The ID includes only my University ID number. Also on the citation is my height, weight, name, and on campus address. However, my last name is spelled wrong on the citation. I was wondering if this is enough to have the citation void.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. It is not even remotely enough to have the citation void.

Just on the off-chance that you didn't understand the first response.

Rwesty

oh no, i got it...thanks.

and no im not kidding, ive heard that there are big loopholes when theres an error like that. But I thats why they call rumors, rumors.

The Occultist

ive heard that there are big loopholes when theres an error like that.
The reason why certain defects on a ticket will dismiss the charges is because the defects somehow prevent you from coming up with a defense against the charges; a typo of your name does not fit into this category I'm afraid.

You did, however, void your appearance of being intelligent. Did your search button not work when you posted this? There have to be a thousand other threads where people were asking if a misspelling of their name or an error about their exact height would void a ticket. Stay away from alcohol. You're a minor (in regards to alcohol laws), and goodness knows you need to conserve all the brain cells you can.

HomeGuru

oh no, i got it...thanks.

and no im not kidding, ive heard that there are big loopholes when theres an error like that. But I thats why they call rumors, rumors.
**A: yes the loophole is so big that both Bigfoot and the Lock Ness Monster could fit through it and still have room for a few Martians.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
**A: yes the loophole is so big that both Bigfoot and the Lock Ness Monster could fit through it and still have room for a few Martians.
Loch Ness Monster is actually a Waterhorse. Only one can live at a time -- at least according to the documentary Waterhorse Legend of the Deep. And I saw Bigfoot at Expedition Everest when I was in Disney. Haven't made it to Area 51 but according to Benjamin Gates who found the City of Gold near Mount Rushmore, the President has a book that has all the secrets of the country in it -- including the Martians. It is located in a private area of the Library of Congress in a hidden drawer -- he found this out by kidnapping the President from his birthday party at Mt. Vernon.

Jeez... Some people are such cynics and refuse to believe the video evidence that exists.

Insert a few wide grins and eyerollies here.

Loch Ness Monster is actually a Waterhorse. Only one can live at a time -- at least according to the documentary Waterhorse Legend of the Deep. And I saw Bigfoot at Expedition Everest when I was in Disney. Haven't made it to Area 51 but according to Benjamin Gates who found the City of Gold near Mount Rushmore, the President has a book that has all the secrets of the country in it -- including the Martians. It is located in a private area of the Library of Congress in a hidden drawer -- he found this out by kidnapping the President from his birthday party at Mt. Vernon.

Jeez... Some people are such cynics and refuse to believe the video evidence that exists.

Insert a few wide grins and eyerollies here.

That may be my favorite post of all time OG. You never fail to deliver! :D

Rwesty

Well, to start things off, unintelligent is not the best word in context. From your description, the word your looking for is ignorant. An ignorant person would not utilize the "search" button. An unintelligent one would use it and search for the wrong thing. So, while you so 'mercilessly' criticize over the internet, at least use an applicable adjective, such as 'ignorant'. Moreover, thank you for your concern over my brain cells, but as an aerospace engineering major, I know they are in tact. Also falling under the category of ignorance, would be my limited knowledge of the law in a state in which I don't permanently reside in. My bad. Ill double major in history or something, then go to law school, and I'll get back to you in a few years. Until then, peace.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, to start things off, unintelligent is not the best word in context. From your description, the word your looking for is ignorant. An ignorant person would not utilize the "search" button. An unintelligent one would use it and search for the wrong thing. So, while you so 'mercilessly' criticize over the internet, at least use an applicable adjective, such as 'ignorant'. Moreover, thank you for your concern over my brain cells, but as an aerospace engineering major, I know they are in tact. Also falling under the category of ignorance, would be my limited knowledge of the law in a state in which I don't permanently reside in. My bad. Ill double major in history or something, then go to law school, and I'll get back to you in a few years. Until then, peace.
Yes - and, when you decided to ATTEMPT to correct somebody on their usage of the English language, it is suggest that you ALSO know how to use said language.

And, I am CONFIDENT and absolutely positive that unintelligent IS the best word. Of course, ignorant may also be appropriate, it is considerably further down the list...

Rwesty

Yes - and, when you decided to ATTEMPT to correct somebody on their usage of the English language, it is suggest that you ALSO know how to use said language.

And, I am CONFIDENT and absolutely positive that unintelligent IS the best word. Of course, ignorant may also be appropriate, it is considerably further down the list...
Hypocrite, eh?

Also, being unintelligent implies being ignorant. So I'd rather be ignorant than be unintelligent. Your "list" is your opinion. As previously stated, ignorant is higher up on my "list" than unintelligent.

Last edited:

Antigone*

Hypocrite, eh?

Also, being unintelligent implies being ignorant. So I'd rather be ignorant than be unintelligent. Your "list" is your opinion. As previously stated, ignorant is higher up on my "list" than unintelligent.

:eek: An unintelligent, ignorant, aerospace engineering major...I'm scared guys. Imagine this guy out of college and working on or around airplanes:eek:

the sky is falling...the sky is falling.

The Occultist

Hypocrite, eh?

Actually, you are ignorant to the differences between ignorant and unintelligent; one does not imply the other at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">