• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Against Traffic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
West Virginia

Okay, here is the situation of the street I parked on. The street is a small "No Outlet" which is labeled at the intersection of the street. The designated parking is a blue line along the left side of the road when entering, and when parking the cars headlights face toward the intersection (essentially you must turn around in a driveway to park in such a direction because of it being no outlet). At the very end of the street is a brick wall with TWO parking areas, the usual painted left side, and one painted spot on opposite right side.

Now, I parked my car in the one parking spot on the right side of the road. I also turned my car around so that the headlights are facing toward the intersection like on the left side of the road.
My question, how can this be "against traffic" if one, it is a No Outlet road, and two, traffic does not continue beyond my car (a brick wall is there)? What safety issue is there?

Is this worth fighting? I have two citations for parking there two days.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Didn't learn after the first one huh? :rolleyes:

Were you parked on the left side of the road, or the right? For example, when you got out of the driver's side door, did you step towards or away from the middle of the street?

Aer

Heh, I didn't use my car for two days to know about the ticketing.

When I opened my driver door I stepped out on the curb side, or away from the middle of the street. I'm guessing that factor is considered "against traffic"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">