• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i needed a hospital...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neededhospital

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello, now i am a 20 year old who's a non-citizen living in California since i was 1 month old, what happened was i was driving to visit my girlfriend when i had a panic attack and chest pains and couldn't breathe. i was panicking and not knowing who to call (cell phone had died) i rushed to a hospital. now i guess CHP saw me and they had been following me for 5-10 minutes, i did not realize right away they were following me until a while later and then i was still hyperventalating and thought if i made it to a hospital they would understand. i lost control and they took me into custody and took me to a hospital. i was under NO INFLUENCE OF ANYTHING, no drugs, they breathlized me and read 0.00. this is my first time EVER being in trouble. they have charged me with a felony evading an officer, a reckless driving mis. and driving without a license mis. i was taken into custody on thursday about 2 am. and had my arraignment already on the friday afternoon. i was able to post bail on saturday because i live 6 hours away from where i was and my 14 year old brother had no one to take care of him, i am the sole provider and caretaker for him. now ICE never put a hold on me even after posting bail. i have already aquirred an attorney to help me fight my case because i was in need of assistance i was panicking and couldn't comprehend which is why i was driving fast. and he said they would fight hard and could possibly get the felony dropped to a mis. (which would be very good for me). now i was reading about the ICE holds on this website and said if had posted bail and they did not pick me up within 48 hours they couldn't pick me up or it would be false imprisonment. is that correct?

again im 20 years old, non-citizen, but have been here since birth
first time EVER getting into trouble
NO DRUGS NO ALCOHOL NOTHING
Any help would be greatly appreciated

You should address these issues with your attorney. They will be able to give you far better answers than a bunch of strangers conjecturing what might happen in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">