• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DougD720

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello again everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but i have a question.

My dad's on probation, it's done in march i believe, it was for a white collar crime regarding money with his business. He had no jail time or anything like that just 2 years probation.

Last year he didn't go hunting with me because, he said, he thought he wasn't allowed. I asked him again this year and he says he "thinks he's not allowed." I asked him to call his probation officer and ask he said he would but i doubt very much he actually will, i think he just doesnt want to go hunting with me because he doesnt want to see my mom's brother and brother-in-law (parents are divorced). Now he'll never admit that, and actually my uncles really like my dad even to this day but he hasn't seen them in ages.

So, i know he wont call, or if he does he'll tell me what i want to hear, but i'd like to know the facts. I got my first deer without my dad being there which didn't make me very happy to say the least, i know this sounds childish and all, trying to convince him into going, but i dont get to see him much anymore now that i'm at college so i'd like to spend a few days with him. Does anyone know if you are allowed to hunt while on probation? (PS - My dad's never violated probation or done anything bad in the past, it was just a really dumb thing he did to get him into the probation, his first time offense. I believe it was a misdemeanor).

Thanks so much!

Nativity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello again everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but i have a question.

My dad's on probation, it's done in march i believe, it was for a white collar crime regarding money with his business. He had no jail time or anything like that just 2 years probation.

Last year he didn't go hunting with me because, he said, he thought he wasn't allowed. I asked him again this year and he says he "thinks he's not allowed." I asked him to call his probation officer and ask he said he would but i doubt very much he actually will, i think he just doesnt want to go hunting with me because he doesnt want to see my mom's brother and brother-in-law (parents are divorced). Now he'll never admit that, and actually my uncles really like my dad even to this day but he hasn't seen them in ages.

So, i know he wont call, or if he does he'll tell me what i want to hear, but i'd like to know the facts. I got my first deer without my dad being there which didn't make me very happy to say the least, i know this sounds childish and all, trying to convince him into going, but i dont get to see him much anymore now that i'm at college so i'd like to spend a few days with him. Does anyone know if you are allowed to hunt while on probation? (PS - My dad's never violated probation or done anything bad in the past, it was just a really dumb thing he did to get him into the probation, his first time offense. I believe it was a misdemeanor).

Thanks so much!
Each case is supervised on an individual basis and the decision to allow hunting is up to the discretion of the supervising officer unless otherwise ordered by the Court; however, some offenders are prohibited from possessing any firearm or deadly weapon and therefore cannot hunt at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">