• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefuzz9one1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Minnesota

I recently got a minor at a party when the whole building was surrounded. I blew a .036 and was charged with underaged consumption. I am 19 an i was wondering if it is worth going to court for any reason or if i should just pay the fine and put it behind me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Minnesota

I recently got a minor at a party when the whole building was surrounded. I blew a .036 and was charged with underaged consumption. I am 19 an i was wondering if it is worth going to court for any reason or if i should just pay the fine and put it behind me.
I suggest you seek help for your drinking problem...

lealea1005

Minnesota

With a .036 it's amazing that you didn't end up in the ER getting your stomach pumped...or worse!

With a .036 it's amazing that you didn't end up in the ER getting your stomach pumped...or worse!
... I'm confused... a 0.036 is just short of 2 normal beers that would each raise your BAC by 0.02. Did you think that the OP said they had a 0.36 BAC? I would agree with you if that was the case!! :eek:

lealea1005

... I'm confused... a 0.036 is just short of 2 normal beers that would each raise your BAC by 0.02. Did you think that the OP said they had a 0.36 BAC? I would agree with you if that was the case!! :eek:

:eek: whoopsie. Guess my eyeballs missed that extra zero. As Emily Litella would say..."nevermind". :eek:

thefuzz9one1

I have no basis for a fight but i have herd of people being put on probation or a reduced fine for going to court but yea idk thats why i was wondering. and yes it was a .036!!! i barley even drank anything so i hope i wouldnt have to have my stomach pumped:cool:

The Occultist

I have no basis for a fight but i have herd of people being put on probation or a reduced fine for going to court but yea idk thats why i was wondering. and yes it was a .036!!! i barley even drank anything so i hope i wouldnt have to have my stomach pumped:cool:
How much or little you drank is irrelevant seeing as how a single drop of alcohol makes you guilty of the offense.

"Fighting" the charges is not how people receive plea bargains, so that is not the route I suggest taking. Going to court with your clean record and apologetic tone is how I advise going for any sort of deferred prosecution or whatever equivalent your court offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">