• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor charged with resisting Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Apocalypsenow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My 17 year old brother was charged with resisting arrest after a party was broken up last week. He gave the officers a mouthful and acted aggresively so he was taken in. I'm 21 and he was released to me because my mother was out of town that day. I have not told my mother about it and i'm wondering if my mother could suffer any negative consequences due to my brother's ignorant actions. I know that my brother will not show up to his court date so i'm also wondering what the consequences are for him...greatly appreciate any advice. thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My 17 year old brother was charged with resisting arrest after a party was broken up last week. He gave the officers a mouthful and acted aggresively so he was taken in. I'm 21 and he was released to me because my mother was out of town that day. I have not told my mother about it and i'm wondering if my mother could suffer any negative consequences due to my brother's ignorant actions. I know that my brother will not show up to his court date so i'm also wondering what the consequences are for him...greatly appreciate any advice. thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If he's charged as a juvenile, mom (and/or dad) will be ordered to cooperate with the terms of his probation, including paying fees. Mom (and/or dad) needs to know about this because a parent will be expected to accompany him to Court.

If he does not show up at his court hearing, he could (and probably will) have a pick-up order issued for him. A pick-up order is a juvenile warrant for arrest. When picked up, he'll probably be held in a juvenile detention facility until he can be taken to Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">