• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a lawyer really needed for a Miller trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iraq Ninja

Texas

I am in the process of needing to set up a Miller Trust for my mother so she can qualify for Medicaid. She is currently making $40 more than is allowed to qualify. She is recovering from a surgery in a short term nursing home, but we have been told that she needs 24 hour care. If she comes home with us, then we can not apply for the Medicaid. So, she has to find a home in 48 hours.

So, from what I read online, setting up the Miller (Qualified Income) Trust is not too complex, but can it be done by yourself without the aid of an attorney? I can purchase the blank forms online. I am home on leave from Iraq and need to sort this out ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">