• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Consumption - DE laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eidolon21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

I'm 20 years old, and was recently arrested for "underage consumption". The story goes like this:
I was at my friends house, and me and my buddy went to my car to get something. I foolishly brought out an empty red cup, and as I'm getting into my car and looking for something, all of the sudden two guys come out of a vehicle and arrest me. Their reason for such is that they thought I was breaking in... to my own car. This is my first offense, and the a55hole who arrested me suggested I plead not guilty because it was a "wrong place wrong time" thing - my buddy was charged with marijuana possession. At the station I blew a .21 so I didn't have much to drink at all.

My question: what are my options? Will I pay a fine? How long if at all will this be on my record? And do they even have any right to charge me with this as I was doing nothing wrong but going into my own car?

Thanks,
any help is εxtremely appreciatedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You blew a .21 and don't consider that a lot to drink? In every state that is considered extreme DUI, and even if you weren't driving, you were still underage. You broke the law. I don't know what the consequences are in DE but I suggest an attorney...and rehab.

K

I would hope that the OP meant 0.021. I do, however, have a problem with you calling the officer names after you admit to breaking the law. Grow up.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

I'm 20 years old, and was recently arrested for "underage consumption". The story goes like this:
I was at my friends house, and me and my buddy went to my car to get something. I foolishly brought out an empty red cup, and as I'm getting into my car and looking for something, all of the sudden two guys come out of a vehicle and arrest me. Their reason for such is that they thought I was breaking in... to my own car. This is my first offense, and the a55hole who arrested me suggested I plead not guilty because it was a "wrong place wrong time" thing - my buddy was charged with marijuana possession. At the station I blew a .21 so I didn't have much to drink at all.

My question: what are my options? Will I pay a fine? How long if at all will this be on my record? And do they even have any right to charge me with this as I was doing nothing wrong but going into my own car?

Thanks,
any help is εxtremely appreciatedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: can you do some research and tell us how many beers equate to a .21?
We'll be waiting for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">