• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in consumption?/

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mvplaya289

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hey, my name's Adam. Im 19 and live in Houston, Texas. I went to visit some friends who go to UTSA. So we went to this party and as my friend drove back he got pulled over. He passed the sobriety test but then got the breathalyzer. he failed and got a dui. then the cops were talkin to me and a couple of friends who were with us. then we all got minor in consumption chargers. NO BREATHALYZER or anything. just wrote the ticket and let us walk to our friends apartment..... So my questions are.. can i get out of it? and would i have to go back to San Antonino to take care of it? and can't i just hire a lawyer to take care of it?

mvplaya289

ohh and the officer did ask if we've been drinking. and we all said yes. and the officer said i could have it moved to Houston. is that true?

Last edited:

mvplaya289

and can the offense be moved to Houston? since it happened in San Antonio. And can I do Deferred disposition ?

Indiana Filer

Even if you had said no to the question of if you had been drinking, the officer could have cited you. He probably smelt it on you and your breath. He still wasn't required to give you a breathalyzer.

mvplaya289

alritt. so *ucked up on that. but what can a lawyer do to get it dismissed ? and can the offense be moved to Houston? since it happened in San Antonio. And if not dismissed can i do Deferred disposition ?

The Occultist

The courts will be the ones to approve a change of venue, so it's to them that you should ask whether you can have it moved.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so should I have said no? and could I have said no to a sobriety test? or breathalyzer?
No you should not have lied. Lying is a crime of its own. Martha Stewart lied. She was found guilty of a felony because of it. So you could have lied but that would have caused even more trouble.

The Occultist

That's up to the court. If you have no priors, then your chances will be higher. Your chances will be even higher with the aid of an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">