• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BenitaGriego

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. If you were notified that you are one of four living heirs to your great aunts 10 million dollar estate, what are some of the most immediate steps you should take? She was widowed and left no will. I was just contacted of her passing and its been nearly 5 mos. I have no clue where to start. Nor any prior knowledge of the value of my aunts estate. I have a court date on Nov. 19th to propose petition to administer estate. Im 77yrs old and dont know where to start. help??:eek:

curb1

You sound like you are expecting it to get ugly. Hire a competent attorney to observe this proceeding with you. You will know when the meeting is over whether you will need to retain his/her services. Let us know what takes place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">