• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Deeds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soupysales01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
My Daughters are in a legal mess with Medicare and Medicaid help for their Dad (my ex). One daughter got him to sign over his house to her while he was not in sound mind due to an illness. He has been placed now in an assisted living home and because he signed over the house while he was ill, which now he is in sound mind, they have denied him any medicare and medicaid to pay for him. Is there someplace that they can go to get this straightened out without costing too much?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
My Daughters are in a legal mess with Medicare and Medicaid help for their Dad (my ex). One daughter got him to sign over his house to her while he was not in sound mind due to an illness. He has been placed now in an assisted living home and because he signed over the house while he was ill, which now he is in sound mind, they have denied him any medicare and medicaid to pay for him. Is there someplace that they can go to get this straightened out without costing too much?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: what do you mean someplace they can go? Maybe they could go to Canada.

FlyingRon

If the daughter is willing to fix what she has done a "cure" can be done to restore the ownership to the father. It is not straightforward (tax issues for the daughter). It might be more advantageous to sell the property and pay for dad's care from the proceeds. Someone familiar with elder law issues should be consulted.

Are they in a legal mess because a governmental authority is attempting to undo the transfer of the house and/or has accused anyone of fraud?

Or are then in a finanical mess because now there is no money to pay for dad's care and he can't qualify for medicare?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">