• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP in Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cooter1118

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I got an MIP two weeks before my 21st birthday. I complied with everything the officer asked of me. He told me that I might be able to get a diversion. I was driving and I blew a .06. It's my first offense and I was wondering what my chances are to get the diversion, and how stiff the penalty will be if I do get the diversion, or if i dont? Will the judge maybe take into account that I will be 21 by the time I have my court date?

Indiana Filer

I would think the fact that you were driving would negate any chance of a diversion program. Since you were under 21, you can be considered DUI even though you had less than a 0.08 BAC.

The judge probably won't care that you will be 21 by the time you get to Court. The judge will care that you were under 21 when you were drinking, especially since you were drinking and driving.

Cooter1118

are you saying that even though my ticket is for MIP, they might charge me with DUI when i go to court, even though there is no mention of it on my ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">