• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a 16 year old for assault in Minnesota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

logankelly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Can an adult father sue a 16 year old for assault on their 15-year-old son for medical and other damages or do I sue the parents?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Think a moment. Assuming you win, how is the 16 year old going to pay the medical bills "and other damages?"

logankelly

Just like an adult with no money they have a judgment against the adult, garnish the wages, put a lean against the house. A person can have a court order judgment follow a person for years. That is why I am asking the question being a 16 year old do they assume the responsibility or do the parents?

cyjeff

Just like an adult with no money they have a judgment against the adult, garnish the wages, put a lean against the house. A person can have a court order judgment follow a person for years. That is why I am asking the question being a 16 year old do they assume the responsibility or do the parents?
You cannot attach future assets.

You cannot attach a lien to an asset that does not exist.

Further, are you comfortable waiting a decade or more for payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">