• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Delinquency of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wafflesomd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

So let me give you a little background.

My friend (literally my friend, not me) was hanging out at a local game cafe at around 2 A.M. He is 18. He got a call from his girlfriend (16) that she needed a ride home from a friends house.

He picked her up, and on the way home, he made a wrong turn. He pulled into a park to turn around. As he was about to leave the park, a police officer pulled him over. The police officer suspected that he was having sex her. This obviously did not happen.

She was charged with violating curfew and sentenced to 40 hours of community service.

My friend is being charged with Unruliness and delinquency of a minor. He's so far been to five court cases and has been battling this for over two months now.

The courts want to sentence him to 6 months in jail, and forbid him to be around anyone under the age of 18 without supervision.

This is all baffling, considering the parents of the girl think this is all BS, and did not want to press charges. I'm kind of wondering why he is in juvenile court when he is 18. Not to mention, they are presenting more false claims against him, of which they have no evidence for.

His lawyer is pretty much a useless bag of **** of whom I could do a better job.

His sentencing is the 18th of this month, so does anyone know of anything he can do in the system to help him get out of it.

I attended one of the cases, and the things they are claiming happened are just absurd. They aren't presenting ANY evidence to support the claims. This angers me to no end. That's how the judicial system is supposed to work.

wafflesomd

Since attorneys are a useless bag of ____________________

I think I will pass on this one.
You've been ever so helpful. I like the part where you misquoted my statement and made it into a generalization.

Regardless, it's the truth. He has been pretty useless and clearly doesn't actually care about my friend as a client.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You've been ever so helpful. I like the part where you misquoted my statement and made it into a generalization.

Regardless, it's the truth. He has been pretty useless and clearly doesn't actually care about my friend as a client.
Just to be clear, you managed to piss of an Ohio ATTORNEY who is on here to help people (for free)- nice going!

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
So let me give you a little background.

My friend (literally my friend, not me) was hanging out at a local game cafe at around 2 A.M. He is 18. He got a call from his girlfriend (16) that she needed a ride home from a friends house.

He picked her up, and on the way home, he made a wrong turn. He pulled into a park to turn around. As he was about to leave the park, a police officer pulled him over. The police officer suspected that he was having sex her. This obviously did not happen.
It's not "obvious" at all.
Teen dramaspeak doesn't work with us. It makes us feel like picking your story to pieces, to teach you to act and type and speak like a grownup. :rolleyes:
wafflesomd said:
She was charged with violating curfew and sentenced to 40 hours of community service.

My friend is being charged with Unruliness and delinquency of a minor. He's so far been to five court cases and has been battling this for over two months now.
Was he "unruly" to the officer?
wafflesomd said:
The courts want to sentence him to 6 months in jail, and forbid him to be around anyone under the age of 18 without supervision.
No. Again with the TeenDramaSpeak. :rolleyes:

The sentencing guidelines, legislated by your state's legislature, call for that sentence. The Courts have nothing to do with that. The Court imposes the sentence the Legislature sets. Back to school for you.
wafflesomd said:
This is all baffling, considering the parents of the girl think this is all BS, and did not want to press charges.
It's not up to the girl's parents.
Did you even read your government textbook? Glance at it? Attend class once in a while?
wafflesomd said:
I'm kind of wondering why he is in juvenile court when he is 18.
He can count himself LUCKY he's in juvie court.
wafflesomd said:
Not to mention, they are presenting more false claims against him, of which they have no evidence for.
I see you didn't bother much with your English textbooks and class attendance, either.
wafflesomd said:
His lawyer is pretty much a useless bag of **** of whom I could do a better job.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :p

On a more serious note, such poor writing is a sad thing to see.
And hi-skool boi here is In Charge Of Determining Attorney Values in Ohio, I see. :rolleyes:
wafflesomd said:
His sentencing is the 18th of this month, so does anyone know of anything he can do in the system to help him get out of it.
Depends upon many more facts.
You do not have those facts.
This is none of your business. Your name isn't on the complaint. You aren't the attorney. You aren't involved.
Right? ;)
wafflesomd said:
I attended one of the cases, and the things they are claiming happened are just absurd. They aren't presenting ANY evidence to support the claims. This angers me to no end. That's how the judicial system is supposed to work.
How would YOU know?
You clearly have NO concept of "how the judicial system is supposed to work."

wafflesomd

I think the time you spent typing that post could have been spent helping me on the topic at hand.

He was not unruly with the officer.

No. Again with the TeenDramaSpeak. :rolleyes:

The sentencing guidelines, legislated by your state's legislature, call for that sentence. The Courts have nothing to do with that. The Court imposes the sentence the Legislature sets. Back to school for you.
Why are you attacking me for the misuse of a term and my grammar? There are far better things to focus on here, such as actually helping me.

This is none of your business. Your name isn't on the complaint. You aren't the attorney. You aren't involved.
Right? ;)
While we all appreciate the cynicism of that thought, I'm just trying to help a friend out.

If you are going to insult me on my grammar and sentence structure, then I suggest you not start sentences with a coordinating conjunction.

I see you didn't bother much with your English textbooks and class attendance, either.
I do believe the sentence you are quoting me on is grammatically correct. You could claim that 'more false' is an incorrect comparative modifier. Although such is not the case due to the structure of the sentence.

My knowledge of how the judicial system and the related legislature operates is limited. This is no excuse for the undeserved attacks on my grammar.

Last edited:

Silverplum

Do you really think that, after editing your post like a chicken, we're going to help you further?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn the lesson, Teenchild. Don't piss off the grownups from whom you are requesting help.

The End. :rolleyes:

wafflesomd

I don't want help from anyone who has already posted. Clearly I did something wrong with my original post to receive such an unwelcome reception.

I'm not sure why some of you are posting. Surely it takes less energy to just ignore me.

I was under the impression that this forum was to be used for legal help. So far I received undeserved insults.

Just to be clear, you managed to piss of an Ohio ATTORNEY who is on here to help people (for free)- nice going!
This still baffles me. If managed to offend the said Attorney, sorry. I will restated the words in question.

"His lawyer is pretty much a useless bag of **** "

I'm not sure why this would offend anyone other than the specific person that it was directed towards. Was I implying that all lawyers are worthless? Of course not. Using the possessive personal pronoun "His", it is made clear that I am only referring the lawyer representing my friend.

Last edited:

cpuslave

I find it very childish that you guys are picking apart these kids who come on here and ask for help. The effort to belittle these kids is almost disturbing; you'll go to great lengths to insult their grammar or punctuation, yet offer no insight pertaining their situation. Regardless of how ignorant or stupid some may seem, they're still juveniles and most are trying to correct their erroneous ways (isn't this the main focus of the judicial system - rehabilitation?). Consider that children most often emulate well-respected or educated adults. Some of you guys are setting a bang-up example! I envy your kin!

Mama may not be the smartest woman around, but she always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't speak.

Wafflesomd: It sounds like there's more to the situation. Is this his personal attorney representing him or a public defender? Best advice I could offer is to speak with a differnet attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I find it very childish that you guys are picking apart these kids who come on here and ask for help. The effort to belittle these kids is almost disturbing; you'll go to great lengths to insult their grammar or punctuation, yet offer no insight pertaining their situation. Regardless of how ignorant or stupid some may seem, they're still juveniles and most are trying to correct their erroneous ways (isn't this the main focus of the judicial system - rehabilitation?). Consider that children most often emulate well-respected or educated adults. Some of you guys are setting a bang-up example! I envy your kin!

Mama may not be the smartest woman around, but she always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't speak.

Wafflesomd: It sounds like there's more to the situation. Is this his personal attorney representing him or a public defender? Best advice I could offer is to speak with a differnet attorney.
Wow, I'm a role model now :eek:
I'll make sure to zip my fly and put on some deodorant next time.

wafflesomd

So far only 1/5 users have actually attempted to help me. That's a very poor number.

I guess the best course of action would be to go somewhere else.

HomeGuru, the OP wouldn't know a Phoenix if it pooped on his head.:p
Why did you waste the energy and time typing that message? I don't understand.

At least I enjoyed making the English language master Silverplum, look like a fool.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">