• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with possible felony conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sswhattodo08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

My boyfriend's brother is being held in jail on the following counts: theft, aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, marijuana posession, and drug paraphanalia possesion. Basically the bunch of them knocked on a drug dealers door, knocked him out and took his money, drugs and some electronics. The police found the stolen stuff in my boyfriend (and his brother and cousins) apartment. They only have his brother but are looking for who else was involved.

1. How long in jail is his brother facing in jail? He is not telling who was with him so they are probably going to be extra harsh.

2. Do you think they will lessen the charges or effect the case in any way if my boyfriend turns himself in? And if so what jail time is he looking at? (not maximum time but an average sentance something like this would get)

Keep in mind they cant prove the drugs werent theirs and that they stole them along with the money and other stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">