• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Violation of Probation in GA...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenny00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

OK early this year feb 2008 i got a ticket for suspended license and tag expired. I was arrested and when released I was put on probation to pay of the tickets. After i got out of jail and put on probation i lost my job. I informed my probation officer but it seems as if he didnt care and still expected payment every month.

Basically around july/aug i coldnt make the payments anymore and missed the past couple months. Ive had alot of hardship being in and out the hospital and not having contact with my PO. I just got a subpoena in the mail to go to court next week in regards to the 2 tickets i was on probation for.

I dont know why i would have to go to court for that again so im assuming its for violation of probation since i havent paid. If it is am i facing any jail time? what can i expect when i got to court? any anyone can answer those questions i would appreciate it.

seniorjudge

If it is am i facing any jail time? what can i expect when i got to court?

What did your probation officer say when you visited his/her office and asked your questions in person?

kenny00

Well i haven't actually asked my PO the questions in person... but i have called. I originally was on probation in clayton county and asked to be transfered to another office closer to where i moved to.

I got a new probation officer once transferred. I called him but he told me he doesnt know anything because the original office has all the info and would be the one to file a warrant. He says all they do there is accept my payment and send to them. I then called my old po office and they said the probation officer that i had before no longer works there. So i havent talked to anyone about it yet.

seniorjudge

Well i haven't actually asked my PO the questions in person... but i have called. I originally was on probation in clayton county and asked to be transfered to another office closer to where i moved to.

I got a new probation officer once transferred. I called him but he told me he doesnt know anything because the original office has all the info and would be the one to file a warrant. He says all they do there is accept my payment and send to them. I then called my old po office and they said the probation officer that i had before no longer works there. So i havent talked to anyone about it yet.
So, then, you aren't really that interested in an answer, correct?

kenny00

Ok, I called my current probation officer to get answers, he obviously didnt know anything and told me to call my old probation officer. I called the old office to get answers, the person who ansered said he no longer works there. I asked who can i talk to instead to answer my questions and they basically told me to ask my current probation officer. SO, therefor I am here to get help or answers because this is a legal advice forum. So obviously I am interested in an answer.

seniorjudge

My GUESS is that since you have clearly violated your probation (according to your own words) that you will be going to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">